What qualifies for a price match?
Found it for less? Here’s what you do:
- Before you buy it, contact eBay Customer Service to request a price match.
- Let Customer Service know where you found the lower price. We’ll confirm the price match on the spot.
- Once it’s confirmed, we’ll send you an eBay voucher for the difference.
Ready to find the best deals?
[otw_shortcode_button href="http://www.ebay.co.uk/deals" size="large" bgcolor="#ffffff" icon_type="general foundicon-right-arrow" icon_position="right" shape="square" color_class="otw-blue" border_color="#364dff" text_color="#364DFF" target="_blank"]Shop Now[/otw_shortcode_button]
Which competitors does the eBay Deals Price Match Guarantee apply to?
Amazon.co.uk, Currys.co.uk, Argos.co.uk, Asda.com, JohnLewis.com, or Tesco.com,(“Competitor”), but excluding any third-party marketplaces including those associated with the retailers listed above. This list is subject to change at the discretion of eBay.
Is postage included in the eBay Deals Price Match Guarantee?
No, we compare the item’s purchase price (excluding P&P ) on eBay.co.uk and the Competitor’s website in order to determine if a price match guarantee is justified.
How do I request a price match or find out more about the eBay Deals Price Match Guarantee policy?
Please contact eBay Customer Service.
How does eBay cover the difference if a lower-priced, identical item is found on a qualifying Competitor’s website?
eBay will issue a voucher for the difference in price for the qualifying purchase if eBay Customer Service can confirm the difference. Upon confirmation, they will issue a voucher which must be used towards the purchase of the price match listing. Vouchers will expire within 24 hours and will not be reissued once they’ve expired. eBay reserves the right to cancel them in the event that a price match purchase is cancelled or returned. eBay also reserves the right to deny claims in the event of buyer abuse/fraud and seller abuse/fraud.
Which items qualify for the eBay Deals Price Match Guarantee?
New, unopened items in their original packaging on the eBay Deals page. If a listing is found through the eBay Deals specific search module, then that product is part of the eBay Deals programme. Only “New”, “New with Tags”, “New in Box” and “Brand New” items qualify. All other item conditions such as refurbished and “New Other” items are not eligible. Please refer to item condition information on eBay.co.uk for more details: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/item-condition.html
Is this for UK resident buyers only?
Yes. Buyers can participate in the eBay Deals Price Match Guarantee if they are a resident of the UK (even if the purchase was initiated outside of the UK), as long as the item is purchased on eBay.co.uk and is delivered to an address within the United Kingdom.
What happens if an item is returned?
In the event an item is returned, the buyer will be refunded the listing price minus the voucher value and any other discounts applied at the time of the transaction.
eBay Deals Price Match The Small Print (Terms and Conditions).
eBay's goal is to make sure you think of eBay first when you shop. The eBay Deals Price Match Guarantee helps you get the best price for a new item that is advertised for less on a qualifying online Competitor’s website. See below for more details.
Prices are matched under the eBay Deals Price Match Guarantee when:
- The request is from a registered eBay buyer, who is a UK resident, is signed into their eBay.co.uk account, and the purchase will be delivered within the United Kingdom;
- The eBay buyer requests a price match of a specific item listed on the eBay.co.uk Deals page at the time of purchase and before the purchase is completed (but not post-purchase);
- Both items on eBay and a qualifying Competitor’s website are verified as new condition, identical by a universal product identifier (EAN barcode or brand + manufacturer part number), available and in-stock on both websites by eBay Customer Service at the time the price check is conducted;
- The item is advertised at a price less than the eBay Deals item;
- The price difference does not exceed the lesser of £500 or 50% of the item’s advertised price found on a competitor’s website; and
- Only 1 unit per eBay buyer per day is matched.
- Refurbished, used, non-retail packaged products.
- Competitor prices after applicable rebates, free offers, vouchers or specific one-time-only promotions from a Competitor’s website, specific offers based on bundled pricing, volume or lot discounts are applied.
- eBay items that are eligible for other eBay voucher promotions or offers are not eligible for an eBay Deals Price Match Guarantee. The eBay voucher applied to an eligible price match cannot be used in conjunction with any other eBay voucher, nor can it be redeemed for cash.
- Purchases during the weeks of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- An error or misprint on Competitor’s website.
- Additional services such as warranties and installation.
- Products in the following product categories: Gift Vouchers & Coupons, Coins, Banknotes, Virtual Currency, or items generally considered to be bullion (for example, gold, silver, and other precious metals in the form of coins, bars, or ingots), Property, Cars, Motorcycles & Vehicles (except for Vehicle Parts & Accessories).
This eBay Deals Price Match Guarantee policy is subject to change without notice. eBay reserves the right to refuse a Price Match Guarantee request in order to prevent fraud/abuse and ensure the integrity of the eBay website. The claim quantity limit of one matched item per day per user shall be strictly enforced, and any effort or collusion by any buyer or seller to circumvent these terms and conditions, commit fraud or abuse the price match guarantee program shall be strictly enforced. All other eBay terms and conditions and policies apply. Effective by late July 2017.